This simple White Chicken Lasagna Soup tastes like white chicken lasagna with cheesy layers of noodles smothered in velvety Italian Steak Parmesan. Simply saute veggies and chicken and toss in all ingredients and simmer off for a pot of delicious taste.
White Chicken Lasagna Soup Note :
- If you would like to omit the thick cream but still would like a thicker soup then, I suggest whisking 2 tsp cornstarch with a number of the chicken broth and adding into the soup to simmer and thicken.
- I really like lasagna noodles in this recipe, they’re slurpilicious! Do not worry about them breaking evenly. You won’t notice as soon as they cook. You might even substitute the noodles together with 2 ½ cups uncooked tiny shells if wanted and simmer for less time.
White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 9-11 cups low sodium chicken broth divided
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp eash dried parsley dried basil
- ½ tsp each dried oregano dried thyme, salt, pepper
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into approx. 1-2 inch pieces*
- 15 oz can canneli beans rinsed and rained
- 2-3 cups half and half may sub fat free evaporated milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz chopped frozen baby spinach thawed
- dash ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- ½ cup heavy cream optional
- ⅓ cup flour
- ricotta cheese
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large Dutch oven/soup pot over medium-high-heat. Then add chicken and cook till nearly cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Melt butter 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-heat. Add carrots and onions and cook, while stirringfor 3 minutes.
- Then add bell pepper and garlic and cook for a few minute. Sprinkle in flour then cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes (it will be thick).
- Turn heat to low and slowly stir in 8 cups chicken-broth. Whisk 3 tbsp cornstarch with 1 cup extra chicken broth and add to soup.
- Stir in chicken, beans, chicken bouillon and most of remaining spices and herbs. Stir in lasagna noodles.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer till lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally therefore noodles do not stick (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Turn heat to low, discard bay-leaf and stir in half and half, optional heavy-cream and spinach warm throughout. Stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese till melted.
- Stir in extra half and half or broth if desired for a “chunky” soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish individual servings with desirable amount of cheeses.
Please, if you like this White Chicken Lasagna Soup recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here carlsbadcravings.