Loaded burger bowls pickles, bacon, guacamole and also “special sauce”! These low-carb burger-bowl are paleo and Whole30, also.
Burger bowls wed all the gorgeous things about burgers (The savory steak, rich avocado, salty and crispy bacon, briny pickles, also that gently sweet, creamy sauce! ) Using a much healthier and simpler means.
You receive a bite of all with each forkful, and there is no need to search for the absolutely leafed lettuce to wrap your hamburgers . Nope! Just piled everything into a bowl, and you are set.
- If you are on a Whole30, do not utilize the maple-syrup at the special-sauce, then just the coconut-aminos. If you are not on a Whole30, then forget the coconut-aminos and then opt for the maple-syrup.
- You may swap the lime-juice for the lemon-juice, if you would like. I wished to maintain the flavor more neutral, however a Tex-Mex flair could be delicious!
- Do not skimp on the bacon in this recipe! The best, thickest cut you can find, the better.
NO wine Whole30, no exceptions. I suggest purchasing wine out of Scout and Cellar, particularly for lower sugar or carb and the health-conscious. There is no extra sugar to such wines, and they are all low-carb, calories, and sugar.
Loaded Burger Bowls
Burger Bowls Meat
- 1 pound ground beef any %
- 1 tsp avocado or refined coconut oil
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 8-10 slices bacon cooked til crisp and roughly crumbled
- 2 small heads romaine sliced and root discarded
- 1½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup pickles or more to taste
- 2 avocados peeled and pitted
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp maple syrup if not on Whole30
- 1 tbsp dill pickle relish
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos if on Whole30
- pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 tsps dried minced onion
- pinch salt
Wine Pairings (NOT for Whole30)
- 2017 Hushkeeper Zinfandel
- 2017 Bernhard Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2017 Conte de la Terre Pinot Noir
- In a medium-bowl, mix together garlic powder, beef, and salt. Heat coconut or avocado oil in a large-skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium-heat, then add beef and brown, crumbling with a spatula or spoon.
- Meanwhile, prepare staying elements for the burger-bowls. Make quick guacamole: In a medium-bowl, mash together lemon juice, avocado and ½ tsp salt.
- Make the special sauce: Whisk together all special sauce ingredients, using coconut aminos only if you are on a Whole30 and skipping the maple-syrup. If you are not on a Whole30, forget the coconut aminos and utilize the maple-syrup just. Put aside.
- When beef is browned and simmer, remove from skillet and return to medium-heat. Add red onions in one layer and cook till lightly charred on the ground, then flip. Cook till lightly charred on the next side then remove and repeat till all onions are lightly cooked.
- Assemble: Begin with a coating of romaine on your serving dishes, then spoonful ¼ of this ground-beef mixture into the middle. Arrange remaining items round the beef: pickles, tomatoes, bacon, red onion, and guacamole. Drizzle with loads of special-sauce and serve.
Please, if you like this Loaded Burger Bowls recipe, don’t forget to give the STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here 40aprons.